(yield 1 X 12-14” pizza)
A) ½ Recipe Thin Crust Pizza Dough
B) 200 ml Crème Fraiche
30 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
C) 15 ml Fresh Thyme Leaves, picked
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
D) 150 g Cacciocavallo or Mozzarella Grated
30 g Parmesan or Pecorino Fresco
E) 6 Cremini Mushrooms, Thinly sliced
F) 30 ml Italian Parsley, finely chopped
1. Combine (B) in a small stainless steel pot, bring to a very gentle simmer and reduce by almost ½, stirring often.
2. Add (C) and cool mixture completely ((B) & (C) may be prepared the day before).
3. Press (A) gently with fingertips on a floured surface and shaped gently with the palms of hands into approximately 12-14” circle. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper laid on a inverted cookie sheet.
4. Spread (B) mixture onto curst leaving a 2cm border.
5. Scatter (D) over evenly followed by (E)
6. Bake on a pizza stone in a preheated oven 500 F oven, by simply sliding the paper onto the stone in 2 or 3 minutes simply pull the paper out.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until crispy & bubbling
8. Cool on wire rack a few minutes before cutting.
o Pinch of dried chili flakes
o Julienne of prosciutto after the pizza has been removed from the oven.
o Top the baked pizza with a handful of arugula tossed with an excellent quality olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice